Sunday, September 16, 2007

Unemployed

Yep, that's right, I got laid off on Wednesday at quitting time. Luckily for me they said to come back on the 24th of this month. It really came as a surprise to me though, I knew that things were slow but I didn't know that they were THAT bad. So sixty percent of us just got a week's enforced vacation.

So what have I been doing with my time you ask? Nothing, and I'm loving every minute of it. I singed up for unemployment on Thursday afternoon (thanks George) and I've been just relaxing around the house ever since.

I've been taking a room a day and cleaning it while the wife is at work. I told her not to worry about any housework while I'm laid off except for laundry. But for me cleaning the house isn't really work, not compared to hefting forty pound axles all day long.

The only bad thing for me is that I'd have liked to go see my dad in West Virginia while I'm off but the timing is bad. I'm almost out of my meds and I don't have a refill. I have to go to my doctor on the 19th to get one and by then I couldn't really go down there for more than three days.

Bummer, my Dad would have loved a week long visit if I could have managed it. Oh well, Stacey and I plan to go down there sometime late next month anyway so that will have to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you say "thank you miss granholm " ?

Rain said...

Well if you get bored and want to talk just give me a call I am here all day the great part of being a stay at home mom lol

Anonymous said...

Donnie, first of all, you kick butt. You are such a sweet husband for helping out with housework. I know that Stacy is thrilled. Secondly, I am praying for you and Stacy. I pray that God provides and gives you favor in the workplace.