Friday, February 23, 2007

First Post

Hello all, welcome to my first post on my new blog! What I hope to do here is simply keep a record of my meadering thoughts and concerns, while trying to be honest. Thus the name "Transparency"
I'm a 30 year old married male christian. I've been married less than a year and we will soon be moving into our first house! To say the least the last few months have been a growing experience for me and that's what's led to this blog.

The bible teaches that a man is supposed to lay down his life for his wife. A very daunting task but ultimately the very best thing I can do to have a sucessful marriage I believe.

Also the Word teaches that I am supposed to be the priest of my home. This to me is just as daunting! I'm not the strongest christian in the first place and now I'm to adopt the role of "Priest of my home?"

I believe that every word of the bible is true and thus God knows what he's doing putting these responsibilities on me. However I don't always know what I'm doing! Or when I do realize what I WAS doing it's too late! I've failed in my calling as a husband.

Anyway I got to thinking and realize that I can't be the only christian man struggling with these issues. I know that nobody is perfect and all fall short, so I thought it might be encouraging to other christian men if I created an online diary of my life and it's struggles. My goal here is to be transparent about my faults and mistakes so that others may hopefully see something that they can identify with. Maybe your coment can help me to be a better christian, husband, or servant. And maybe my posts will help anyone with similar struggles to not give up.
I don't know how this will all turn out in the end. Maybe in the end no one will read this. Maybe I'll bore you to death! And part of me thinks it may be arrogance on my part to think I can be of any help to anyone else. Time and God will tell me in the end though. And don't we have to make mistakes sometimes to learn how to do things right?
Anyway thanks to anyone who's spared any of their precious time to read this. Any and all comments are welcome.

No comments: