Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Moving

Over the weekend my wife and I moved into our new house. This was very fun and exciting. But as anyone who has moved all their earthly belongings from one place to another can attest, it's also VERY exhausting!

To make things more tiring we also painted the house over the weekend. It seemed like the work would never end. Now we have what feels like a thousand boxes to unpack, furniture to place and things to clean. This is tiring too but it's also kinda fun.

The difficulty is that we still have about 20% of our things still at the old apartment waiting to be brought over. So last night I went to the apartment to pack these things up and bring what I could to the new house. I can't bring much at a time because all I have is a little Chevy Cavalier. I can fit maybe three or four big boxes in the car at a time. There are about 15 or so boxes worth of stuff still in the apartment at this time, so it's going to be a long arduous process.

Last night, while I was at the apartment I called the wife to come and help me. I could tell that she really resented this process even though she didn't say much. She's a trooper and I'm proud of her biting down and doing her best to help me pack things even though she didn't feel like it.

So today after work I hope to bless her if I can. I've arranged the use of a truck with a friend at work to hopefully get everything moved today while my wife is busy at a mentoring program she works at on tuesdays. I'd love to suprise her and tell her that the apartment's empty when she gets home tonight.

Please pray that God will give me the strength and grace to get this accomplished.

No comments: