Monday, October 29, 2007

Wicked


Wicked, the Broadway Musical. Have any of you ever seen it?

I'd heard of it on the radio once a long time ago but never paid much attention. The other day I was on a message board and someone posted a link to a song from it. From the minute I heard it I was hooked.

Wicked is the story of the Wicked Witch of the west from the Wizard of Oz. It tells about how she got that title. It also tells how she and Glenda the Good became best friends. The parts I've found on Youtube are very funny and interesting. And the songs are great.

Stacey and I have discussed it and we are now in the process of planning a trip to Chicago sometime in the near future to go see Wicked. I can't wait, I think that this has actually replaced My Fair Lady as my favorite musical of all time.

Below is one of the numbers from the show performed for a UK benefit. This scene is from the beginning of the story where the two witches are assigned as roommates in college.


No comments: