Friday, January 18, 2008

The Graveyard Shift

So now I'm working midnights. For the next month I'm to split my duties between inspecting parts and supervising 4 guys running production.

It's a very slow shift. The nights seem to drag on forever sometimes and I feel guilty when I'm just standing around with nothing to do. I've been using the time to work on my book, (Page three is penciled and needs inking while here at work I've begun the rough sketches for page 4.) but I feel like I'm stealing from the company.

I mentioned this to my boss and he just blew it off saying that's how nightshift is, so I guess it's ok.

I find it amusing however to be supervising instead of supervised. I thank God that I'm simply back to work no matter what I'm doing.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

you need Frankie there with you! He would whip everyone into shape!

Rain said...

Well I am glad that you are back to work and OMG midnights is the slowest It sucks. Tim went on midnight for one week for some kind of training thing for his new position and It switched my whole sleeping pattern Now I am stuck on midnight sleeping habit meaning I stay up all night and sleep in the day when kids leave for school. this sucks. So Good luck with your sleeping habits when you get back on your normal shift. Heck one week has my whole life insane I dont know what a month would do. But I am glad for you that you are back to work :) and I will look for that polar bear and let you know if I see it in stores around me yet. I am going out tonight to get my newest webkinz addition. The store called and told me they have MY DUCK in :) I think I will name him Donnie LOL :) well bye for now love ya lots Cuz

AnneMarie said...

well said! thank you Jesus for the provision of that job! woo hoo

Rain said...

hey cuz just dropping a line to say I found the polar bear and have one if you cant find it around you. I have started getting them but not putting them in. I have 40 pets in my webkinz online world now so I am purchasing the ones I like and then saving them that way I have them if they ever become pet of the month but I dont have to use them up unless they do. also if one retires and becomes very expensive like the love puppy and sherbert bunny my kids so badly want then I have one to auction off :) lol. But I do have the little one if you need him.