Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stacey & The Internet

As many of you who read my wife's blog already know, Stacey is fasting from the internet this week. To support her in this I've been trying to avoid being on the computer when she's home. The only reason I'm writing this post right now is because she's still at work and won't be home for another couple of hours.

Well, on a normal work day I have the computer until my wife gets home and then we sort of split our time on it after that. Seeing as I didn't want to tempt my beloved last night, I just got off the computer and spent the evening with her.

We had a wonderful time. We cuddled and talked a while, we played with Frankie our pug. And then in the evening we watched Miss Congeniality 2 while we ate our dinner. I must say that it was actually nice to just spend time alone together. Some days seem to blur by so quickly that it doesn't seem like we really get a chance to chat until were in bed at night. I often worry if I'm neglecting Stacey because of this.

We are both only children so were pretty independent most of the time. Often we just like to pursue our individual interests together in the same room but not really talking that much. I really enjoy that we can be alone in silence sometimes and there's no awkwardness to it.

But I think times like last night are really important too. It was a chance to reconnect and just have fun. I wouldn't have married Stacey if she wasn't also the best friend I've ever had, I just enjoy being with her. I told Stace to be thinking about what she'd like to do together after work tonight and I'm looking forward to hopefully another evening like yesterday.

Usually Friday night after work is our date night when we do all our catching up from the week. But I'm thinking about proposing the idea that at least one other night a week we just turn this computer off and do something together here around the house. What do you think about this?

4 comments:

Rain said...

Awww that is so sweet Heck only thing tim and I do together anymore is watch TV LOL. otherwise we are on opposite ends of everything with is work schedule we hardly see each other Im a night owl and he works early we barely even speak unless its bitching about something or saying what we need to go get like grocery wise or school shopping maybe we need a Date Night good food for thought thanks cuz :)

Rain said...

also hey cuz check out my blog cause i got a question on there for ya

Anonymous said...

lol... donnie .. i would be a computer hogg coz after this week u wont get to use it for a month LMAO!!!

Anonymous said...

i am going to say it again and again. you guys are the cutest! i love it.

you need to teach other couples the importance of "date night."