Saturday, September 27, 2008

Feeling Useless

Well, it's obvious to me now that there will be little sleep this night. So I thought that I'd might as well put up a post on my blog while Stacey takes a turn with Josiah.

Tonight he seems to be having a tummy ache. The poor little guy's belly keeps gurgling so loud and he makes the most miserable faces as it does. We took Josiah to the doctor Thursday and she gave us some formula specially formulated to lessen gas because this has been going on for a few days now. At first we thought it was working but apparently we were wrong.

Stacey and I feel so sorry for the little fella as it is obvious that he is miserable. We've burped him so much our arms are about to fall off to no avail. We've given him Mylicon in his formula for added gas relief yet again to no avail.

We've tried burping him several times throughout the feeding and manage to get some really impressive belches out of the little guy (Not to mention he'll rip some pretty loud ones from the over end as well.) but most the time it just isn't enough. As soon as he's nearing the end of his bottle his little tummy starts gurgling. Another odd thing it that this almost always happens at night. leaving Stacey and I exhausted come morning.

It stinks feeling so useless and at the end of your rope, and knowing that your little one is so miserable and yet there's nothing you know to do to help.

5 comments:

Rain said...

I am not sure if this will work for you or not but I know that when Alyssa had an upset tummy they would tell me to give her some water with like a little sugar in it or a bottle with karo syrup mixed with water. This will sometimes settle the gurgling and makes them feel better.

Rain said...

P.S you know I am up late so if you are on peanut patrol and want to talk give me a call anytime cuz.

Courtney said...

Aw! Poor Josiah! I hope his tummy settles down soon!

Mike and Anna said...

I forget how old they need to be but mylocon drops can be a god send. I'd check with the Dr. next time he's in to see if you can use them yet.

Anonymous said...

When he's 16 and asking for the car keys, these days will be sweet memories. You're gonna get thru this, Donnie! I'm keeping you all in prayer. Give it time. It WILL get better. ~~ Amy (oaks)