Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No I am not dead! I'm just busy. :P

I was very surprised this weekend, when someone whom I'd have never thought read my page, asked me when was I EVER going to post something new? So here I am back at the keyboard again.

As most if not all of you know by now, I'm gonna be a Papa! This is part of the reason why there have been no posts in months. You see, when we first found out that my beautiful wife had conceived a child I was told by said beautiful wife that if I told anyone that she was pregnant before she was ready to release the news that I just might not live to see the little one be born!

I agreed (mostly to save my precious neck) to not post anything on my blog and she put down the knife. But a day or two later when I was going to post an update here, I realized that my upcoming fatherhood was all I could think about! So that part of the reason I haven't updated in a while.

The other reason is my wife's blog. Since almost everyone that reads my blog, gets here from my wife's blog, there's nothing going on in my life that she hasn't already posted about. Plus, Stacey does such a wonderful job posting pics with her updates that when I go an look at my blog, I'm disappointed. Mine just seems so boring to me in comparison to hers.

It's not just that she has pictures on her blog either, Stacey has a great talent for photography, that she seems to be able to make the most mundane subject matter seem interesting. While I'm a decent artist with paper and pencil, photography is just not my forte.

It was a very short trip from these two things to just forgetting about my fledgling blog entirely. Soon we began purchasing things for the baby and planning to turn the old computer room into a nursery. That, coupled with being moved back to day shift at work, and an entirely different department than where I had worked for five years to boot! I just let the blog simply drift into limbo.

However, I vow to try and post at least something once a week if not more from now on. So now all my faithful readers, you won't be left in the dark. (All three of you.) :P

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm happy to see you blogging!

Anonymous said...

I am one of those faithful readers and if it wasn't for Stacey being so diligent, I would have thought something had happened to you. I have already congratulated Stacey a few times, so now I must congratulate you as well. I know you are going to make a wonderful father. Give me a call sometime. I pretty much live at Schoolcraft from 8 - 8 Mon thru Thurs, so make it after 9 or on he weekend.

Rain said...

Wow I almost fell out of my computer chair when I seen you had blogged :). I know what you mean thou sometimes its just easy to forget. Or I sometimes think no one wants to read about that or my dumb experiences. But I am glad that you are blogging again. I am so excited I can not wait for the baby to be born :) its getting so close. Are you anxious? you should give me a call so we can talk. or tell me a good time to call you. I know tonight is your date night so maybe saturday evening or sunday afternoon if your not busy. Well hope to talk to you soon. Love ya Cuz